COVID-19 Playing Rules & Regulations
- DO NOT COME TO PLAY ON THE COURTS IF YOU:
- Exhibit any corona virus symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing.
- Have other symptoms identified by health experts.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are considered vulnerable or at risk (immunosuppressed persons, individuals suffering from serious health problems, notably high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, diabetes and asthma).
RESPONSIBILITY AS A CLUB MEMBER
- It is the responsibility of Club members to act in a way that helps reduce the spread of the COVID virus by maintaining 2 meters physical distance, avoiding congregating and avoiding high touch areas, sanitize touch points and do their best to comply with BC Public Health Office recommendations and WKPC Safe Play guidelines.
WHO CAN PLAY
- Initially, singles play, and groups of four who have agreed to play with each other (social bubble) will be allowed to book a court. This will be reviewed and revised on an ongoing basis to adhere to City and Provincial Public Health Office Guidelines regarding social distancing.
- Members will organize their own playing groups.
- Guests and Drop-ins are not allowed to play during Club Time.
BOOKING A COURT
- To play during Club Time members must reserve a court time on Hold My Court.
- Players who have not reserved a court cannot play during Club Time.
- Court reservations are for 1.5 hour. This will be reviewed and adjusted if necessary.
- During Club Time players are limited to one 1.5 hour session per day.
- Players must leave their court and exit through an outside gate before their time expires. No playing over the 1.5 hour time limit to complete a game.
- Double booking with the same players is not allowed.
- Court Hosts are responsible for opening and closing the courts. Court Hosts are not present to help schedule and organize play.
MAINTAINING PHYSICAL DISTANCING WHILE PLAYING ON THE COURT
- Players will play with the same four-some for the duration of their 1.5 hour session.
- New players will not be allowed in a 1.5 hour session.
- Players will maintain physical distancing at all times, including when entering and leaving the court, during breaks in play, water breaks and when switching ends.
- Players are reminded that the “no-volley zone” and safe partner play, usually two arm’s length apart, is consistent with physical distancing requirements.
- It is suggested but not required to wear a mask while waiting and playing.
AVOIDING HANDLING A BALL THAT IS NOT YOURS
- All players will take their own distinctly marked ball(s) on to the court.
- It is recommended that players have a spare ball(s).
- Players will serve only using their own ball.
- It is recommended that players use a gloved free hand to serve the ball.
- When a player loses a rally on their serve they put their ball in their pocket.
- Players will avoid using their hands to touch another players’ ball, use feet or the paddle to return the ball to the server.
- Players will not be permitted to leave the court to get a replacement ball.
- Players will sanitize their own balls before a game.