COVID-19 Playing Rules & Regulations
- NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR THE START OF THE 2021 SEASON
- Masks are required when on the Boucherie pickleball site, this includes wearing them in the parking lot and when walking to and from the courts.
- Masks are not required when playing.
- Maintain 3 meter spacing while playing and during water breaks.
- Doubles partners must reside in the same household.
- This will limit many members to playing singles or skinny singles.
- Members are restricted to playing at their home court.
THE FOLLOWING 2020 REQUIREMENTS REMAIN IN PLACE
- Maintain 2 meter spacing when on the pickleball site with the exception of maintaining 3 meters spacing when playing.
- All courts are booked by reservation only using Hold-My-Court
- No drop-in play.
- No congregating and no spectators – do not use the bleachers.
- Arrive less than 10 minutes before your scheduled court time.
- Depart the pickleball site promptly at the end of your scheduled court time.
- Staggered start times are used to spread out arrivals/departures.
- Wait in areas designated by sandwich board signs to minimize two-way traffic.
- Players serve with their own ball.
- At the end of a rally, use your paddle or foot to return another player’s ball.
BC has enacted legislation preventing COVID lawsuits against community recreation clubs such as WKPC. To be covered by this liability exemption, Club members must follow the above procedures which comply with PHO and City regulations.
Let’s all help each other use these COVID safe play procedures; and of course, we all look forward to these restrictions being relaxed sooner rather than later. We are looking forward to a terrific season of pickleball where we all can have fun; play to the best of whatever skill level we wish to play at and contribute to the community.